Heresite P-413 is a thin film, high performance coating used principally for coil and radiator heat exchangers as well as other air and fume handling equipment fabricated of light gauge metals. It is the first HVAC-R coil and radiator coating to meet the ISO 12944-9 (formerly ISO 20340) Standard for severe offshore marine environments. The corrosion resistance of Heresite P-413 coatings significantly extends the service life of HVAC-R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration), and other heat transfer equipment.
In addition to marine and salt air environments, the P-413 family of coatings will withstand exposure to an extensive variety of high and low pH corrosive and chemical fumes and condensate. Because these products are efficient thermal conductors, applied at very thin films, HVAC-R and process equipment coil OEMs have indicated that thermal loss due to the presence of P-413 baked phenolic epoxy coating is <1%.
Technical Data SheetsPlease download our datasheets for chemical resistance information
Safety Data Sheets
Please download our SDS for more information
P-413 + topcoat 1,000 hour SWAAT
Product coated in brown.
Color is representative.
- Heat exchangers (finned tube, radiators, charge air coolers)
- HVAC-R coils (finned tube and microchannel)
- Fume handling equipment
- Marine/salt air environments
- Waste water/sewage plants
- Chemical and refinery operations
- Swimming pools
- Full immersion
- Brown (as seen in photo)
Sample test data
- Cyclic weather: ISO 12944-9/ISO 20340: No external damage of coated layer (both with and without a UV topcoat) after 4,200 hours (25 cycles) alternating between salt spray, UV radiation, and temperature shocks
- Static salt spray: ASTM B-117: 6,000+ hours
- Bend test: ASTM-D522: >1/4 inch
- Adhesion 5B – on copper, aluminum, steel, stainless, hot dipped galvanized
- Thermal efficiency impact: <1%
- Food contact: Meets FDA 175.300 for indirect food contact, NSF Certified – ANSI 51 Certification of Coatings for Food Zone – Non Contact