VR-514 is a thin film, air dry phenolic with excellent resistance to corrosive fume atmospheres and is particularly good in marine and salt air environments. VR-514 coatings are easy to apply and exhibit superior durability, excellent adhesion and good flexibility.
This primer-finish combination coating was recently reformulated for improved application properties and offers excellent durability, good adhesion with simple cleaning, good film building characteristics and flexibility. VR-514 is also perfect for smaller repair jobs on larger commercial rooftop units or a small residential do-it-yourself coil coating application.
VR-514 is available in an aerosol version (VR-514T) for those smaller “touch up” jobs such as Solder Joints, Finned Tube coil touch up, Fans, Duct Work, Copper Tubing and other maintenance projects.
Technical Data SheetsPlease download our datasheets for chemical resistance information
Safety Data Sheets
Please download our SDS for more information
Recommended Maintenance and Cleaning Procedures
Download recommended maintenance and cleaning procedures for HVAC/R Coils or Radiators
- Finned tube coils
- HVAC/R equipment
- Construction equipment
- As a general maintenance coating
- Marine and coastal applications as well as offshore
- Moderate to the most severely corrosive environments
- Combined marine/industrial environments
- Grey (offered under product code VR-506)
- Black (offered under product code VR-502)
Sample test data
- Salt spray: ASTM B-117: Passes 2,000 hours as primer-finish. Passes 3,000 hours with UC-5500 series topcoat.
- Bend test: ASTM-D522: Passes ½ inch mandrel
- Thermal conductivity: <1% for finned tube coil applications
- Food contact: Meets FDA 175.300 for indirect food contact