Much like your favorite brand of facial tissues or fruit-flavored gelatin, the word Heresite has come to represent a type of HVAC-R coating no matter who it’s manufactured by. However, Heresite isn’t a specific coating – it’s a coating manufacturer! The confusion makes sense. Heresite was founded in 1935. That means that we’ve been making corrosion control coating and lining systems for nearly 100 years. Although our original focus was pure phenolic resin coatings, the chemists at Heresite are constantly working to expand and update our line of products. For many years, Heresite has offered a variety of HVAC-R & Radiator protective coatings and functional topcoats in addition to an expanded line of industrial baked phenolics. Even though you might think of Heresite as only one product, it’s really much more. Our products now include:
HVAC-R & Radiator Protective coatings:
- P-413 – a thin film, high-performance coating used mainly for coil and radiator heat exchangers as well as other air and fume handling equipment. P-413 was the first HVAC-R coil and radiator coating to meet the ISO 12944-9 standard for severe offshore marine environments and be ANSI 51 certified for food zone – non-contact use.
- VR-514 – an air dry phenolic, VR-514 was recently reformulated. It is an easy to apply primer-finish combination coating offering excellent durability, good adhesion with simple cleaning and flexibility.
- ES-606 – a robust, spray-applied coating for heat transfer equipment and components. ES-606 has passed ISO 12944-9 testing for 4,200 hours of cyclic corrosion.
- HereShield (WB-506) – Heresite’s newest product, HereShield is a low-VOC direct to metal coating that can be applied by spray, dipping, or flooding. It has passed 4,200 hours of testing against ISO 12944-9 as well as ASTM B-117 at 5,000+ hours.
- UC-5500 – This high-gloss coating exhibits outstanding UV resistance, good flexibility, and good abrasion resistance. It is ASTM B-117 tested at 1,500 hours with no face blistering or rusting.
- HL-300 – A hydrophilic coating that reduces the contact angle of water exposed to the surface. It is used as a topcoat for P-413 Baked Phenolic Epoxy.
Even though Heresite was the first company to apply corrosion-resistant coatings to HVAC coils in 1954, we haven’t rested on our laurels. We’re proud that the name Heresite is universally associated with HVAC-R coatings. Of course also want to ensure that every Heresite customer uses the coating appropriate for their environment and use. You can learn more about selecting the right coating for your environment by reading our HVAC-R coating selection FAQs.